The school will provide quality instruction and ensure that each student will receive the highest degree of preparation on prayer literacy, basic Judaism, Bible, Ethics, History, Holidays and Israel, while providing students with cultural concepts as well as the meanings behind their identity. Small class size will accommodate individual attention and support.
Periodic two way communication between parents and school will allow for ongoing evaluation.
We are dedicated to guiding each individual to reach his/her potential in the joy and fulfillment of this great milestone in their life.
Social and Emotional Self
Code of Behaviour
Payment and Withdrawal Policy
1) To complete and increase the knowledge base of his/her Judaic Studies.
2) To understand the traditions and beliefs behind their faith.
1) To provide the opportunity for personal growth.
2) To develop lasting memories and relationships.
3) To cultivate co-operative and team building skills.
4) To create a warm and friendly environment in which students of all backgrounds and levels of education will feel welcomed.
1) To inspire the development of responsible members within the community at large.
2) To create opportunities for the acts of mitzvot (good deeds) and tzedakah (charity).
3) To foster a sense of belonging to the Jewish Community.
It is essential that students arrive on time. It is equally important to pick up your child on time so as not to interrupt the next class. If you are unavoidably detained, your child will be asked to wait for you without supervision in the Lobby of the school. The school will not be responsible for your child before or after their class.
Should your child be ill and unable to attend class, please contact Muriel at 613-789-5508 or cellphone at 613-266-7984. If your child is in a group class, due to our class size we will not be able to provide make up classes for student absences. Therefore ensure that your child attends regularly. Please do not send your child to school if he or she is sick. If your child should unavoidably miss numerous classes, parents can make arrangements for additional private classes with Cantor Benlolo for a fee.
As a member of the community's clergy, Cantor Benlolo has numerous responsibilities. He will occasionally be needed to fulfill certain obligations (funerals, community events).
We urge parents to spend a minimum of 15 minutes per night reviewing the material provided in class. Cantor Benlolo will teach the students how to utilize their time to get the best results when they study.
Parents are asked to supply their child with the following:
1) One large binder with 5 dividers.
2) Books will be available at the beginning of school.
3) 2 Kippot.
4) 1 pen, 2 pencils, an eraser and colouring pencils
We expect all students to behave in a respectful and considerate manner, both in class and on all school premises as we are visitors in this facility. It is our duty to respect and care for other people’s property. Parents will be notified if a student does not follow these expectations.
No food will be permitted during class. Parents can send a KOSHER snack to be eaten before or after class, or use the cafeterias at Hillel Lodge or the SJCC.
Tuition for the year 2012/2013 is $1,200.00. Fees may be paid in full by cheque payable to L'école Benlolo Bar/Bat Mitzvah School or by 10 monthly post-dated cheques dated the first of each month starting September 1, 2012. Parents with more than one child can request a one (1) month reduction on tuition for each additional child. Notice of one month is required should you need to withdraw your child for personal reasons. If no notice is given, a penalty of one month’s fee will be applied.
Private classes are $45/45 minutes. Please advise us of any cancellation at least 24 hours in advance to avoid being charged for the lesson.
1. To print out Acknowledgment
Form, Click Here.
2. To print out the Student Information Form, Click Here.
To register or for further information, please contact Muriel Benlolo at 613-789-5508 or cellphone at 613-266-7984 or e-mail at email@example.com.
Please be sure to log on to our web site at www.benloloschool.com